Ann Arbor SPARK Privacy Statement
Date Last Revised: July 31, 2020
Ann Arbor SPARK values your privacy. This Privacy Statement covers Ann Arbor SPARK’s treatment of personal information collected through the website found at http://www.a2tech360.com (the “Website”). Please read this Privacy Statement carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is to not access the Website or provide any information in connection with the Website. By accessing this Website or providing any information in connection with the Website, you agree to this Privacy Statement. You also expressly consent to the processing of your personal information according to this Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement may change from time to time (see Changes to our Privacy Statement). Your continued access or use of this Website after we make changes is deemed acceptance of those changes, so please check the Privacy Statement periodically for updates.
Scope of Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement addresses personal information we obtain regarding individuals in connection with this Website.
Information Collected by Ann Arbor SPARK
During your visit to the Website, Ann Arbor SPARK may collect information about you, including but not limited to:
- contact information (e.g., name, company name, address, city, state and ZIP code, email address and telephone number).
- your device data and how you interact with the Website (e.g., IP address, browser type, and unique device identifier).
This information may be collected directly from you when you provide it to us or register with Ann Arbor SPARK. We do not sell your personal information to third parties. Data we receive from other sources may be combined with the information you provide us, and may be used or shared for the following purposes stated below.
Ann Arbor SPARK’s Use of Information Collected
The personal information we collect may be used:
- to provide the Website, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- to serve our customers and for marketing purposes.
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- to optimize operation of the Website.
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
We will not sell, share or rent the information gathered from the Website to others in ways that are different from what is disclosed in this Privacy Statement. Personal information is only used for the purposes set forth above and for no other purposes.
Ann Arbor SPARK’s Sharing of Information Collected
We may share your personal information in the following instances:
- with contractors, service providers, event co-hosts, and other third parties we use to support our business including those who assist us with marketing endeavors.
- when we believe sharing is necessary to protect our rights, preserve safety, investigate fraud or other wrongdoing including exchanging personal information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and risk reduction.
- when required by law, which includes complying with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to a government or regulatory request.
- in connection with the sale, transfer or financing of Ann Arbor SPARK’s business or its assets, including a bankruptcy proceeding or to our affiliates.
- to enforce or apply our agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
Apart from the purposes listed above, Ann Arbor SPARK will not share your personal information with other third parties for their independent use without your permission.
We will use reasonable administrative, technical and physical security to protect the personal information we retain and to help ensure that it is used in accordance with this Privacy Statement. We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless longer retention is required by law or for auditing purposes.
Information security is critical to our business. We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) software, which encrypts the information you input. We store information gathered on secure computers located in a locked data center. The number of employees involved in the management of the data center that have physical access to these computers is limited. We use firewalls and other security technology to prevent our computers from being accessed by unauthorized persons.
We also require that all personal information sent to us by you be encrypted using SSL encryption.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your Login ID/password and to your computer. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee security. If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Website may use “cookies” and other tracking technologies to gather information about your interactions. This information may include demographic data, browser type, IP address, pages visited, activities conducted on the page, and the day and time of your visit. We do not currently honor “do not track” signals from a web site browser. Please also refer to your computer browser help instructions for more information on cookies and other related technologies and how to manage their use. If you refuse or delete cookies, you will need to repeat the process if you use another computer or change browsers. If you refuse or delete cookies, some of the functionality of the Website could potentially be impaired.
Pages of our Website may also contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that allow us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages. We may use this information to provide a better Website user experience, and tailor our marketing communications. We or third parties also may use technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across this Website or third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). You may contact us at infoannarborusa.org for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this Website.
The Website may contain links to other websites. Ann Arbor SPARK assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party websites. You expressly relieve Ann Arbor SPARK from any and all liability arising from your use of any third-party website, or from the content of any third-party website.
This Website does not target or knowingly collect any information from individuals under the age of 18.
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request information from Ann Arbor SPARK regarding how it shares certain categories of your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. California law provides that you have the right to submit a request to Ann Arbor SPARK at its designated address and receive the following information:
- The categories of information disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year; and
- The names and addresses of third parties that received such information, or if the nature of their business cannot be determined from the name, then examples of the products or services marketed.
You are entitled to receive a copy of this information in a standardized format and the information will not be specific to you individually. You may make such a request by emailing email@example.com. You may also contact us to find out what information we have collected about you, and to request any changes.
Accessing and Correcting your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org where you can request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Privacy Statement on this page with a notice that the Privacy Statement has been updated on the Website home page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will notify you through a prominent notice on the Website home page. The date the Privacy Statement was last revised is identified at the top of the page.